By Simone Stellenboom
Summer is here, and we need fabulous new drinks to match our outfits. These recipes will save you time and money and bring a whole new meaning to Netflix and Chill.
What do you get when you bring breakfast and happy hour together? The gorgeous mimosa of course! The classic mimosa entails champagne and orange juice but today we will add a twist.
- Orange Juice
- Pineapple juice
- Fresh cubed pineapple
- Mint leaves and strawberries as garnish
- Grab a gorgeous glass (or pulp the pineapple and use that as a glass) and drop a handful of fresh pineapple cubes in the glass.
- Fill a third of the glass with orange juice, fill another third of the glass with the pineapple juice and you guessed it, top the rest with champagne dahling!
- Add a mint leaf or two in the glass, half a strawberry and add it to the top rim of the glass.
Serve and enjoy!
Sassy Blueberry Sangria:
Sangrias are good for you because it is the perfect combination of wine and fruit. This good-looking refreshment is perfect for parties.
*For this recipe, I used the fruits used in traditional sangria – apples and oranges – but you could use other fruits that are in season.
Here are a few that would go really well with the recipe:
- Apples, sliced
- Oranges, rind removed and cut into chunks
- 30 ml of lemon juice
- A bottle of lovely red wine
- 1/2 cup brandy
- A cup of orange juice
- A bottle of flavoured sparkling water
- Lots of ice
- In a large glass jug and place all the ingredients (except the sparkling water) and stir to combine.
- Pour in mason jars but only fill it up three quarters full and top with sparkling water for a bubble effect!
The Vodka Sunset classically is a blend of vodka with orange juice add some cordial for added flavour and a sunset effect. This drink is super easy to prepare and looks almost too pretty to drink.
- A bottle of flavoured vodka,
- A litre of orange juice
- Lots of ice
- Raspberry cordial
- Mix the orange juice, vodka and ice in a large jug.
- Use tall glasses and pour in some cordial and let it sink to the bottom.
- Then pour in your vodka mix and watch the beautiful colours.
Grab your friends, play dress up and host a cocktail party! Warning: Your guests may never leave! Let us know if you tried any of our recipes?